Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Projects

So now that summer is about to begin, I've begun the organization of the house in preperation of having all 3 kids home 3 months straight!! And since we live in the oven of Texas (San Antonio) with 100+ temps pretty much all summer, we dont get out much, hardly even the back yard as its just too much for the little ones! Of course we do have SeaWorld San Antonio 15 min away so we certainly take advantage of their water park as often as possible.

So with that in mind I started thinking of ways to declutter and make summer easier to have all 3 kids fully entertained at the same time. Last summer was easier since Isabella was an infant and basically ate slept and pooped, as infants do.

My first project was to purge the plastic toys which I kinda did, about 50% anyway, then I organized them all and gave Chance all the bigger toys in his room. Then I decided to use all the left over diaper boxes I had to build a toy bookshelf out of them!
Cut tops off and laid them out
Poked holes with a screwdriver and attached the boxes to each other with zip ties



















































































































































Lots of tape to support it up, could use duct tape
final product except I will be adding contact paper on the insides and cover in fabric on the outside



1 comment:

  1. Very creative. Looking forward to some more DIY projects and giveaways. I'm following you.
    www.theempoweredmomma.com

    ReplyDelete