Monday, July 9, 2012

First week of trying summer school

Now that my 1st grader is on summer vacation he is making it very obvious he misses school. I know he loves his friends and teachers but the routine is also so important to him. So since I have been attempting (unsuccessfully) all year to get organized with homeschooling Daniella, I thought this would be a good opportunity to get going again.

So I got some more supplies, planned it all out for our first week. We did fourth of july theme activities and had some fun doing crafts and worksheets.

Chance was more interested in playing bubbles and watching movies but did participate a bit with his ipad apps that went along with our theme.

This next week I'm going to try and do a bit more than last week, I'm still trying to ease in to this routine but hopefully we will have some sort of routine by the time Chance goes back to school! My favorite site I found for printables http://www.overthebigmoon.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and today I mentioned you in a post check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful ideas! I'd love for you to come visit me at Two In Diapers and link up this post to the Mommy-Brain Mixer! Tons of fun! :) http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com/2012/08/mommy-brain-mixer-2.html

    ReplyDelete